Friday 20 May 2022

Almost summer

Suddenly realised its been a while since I put anything up, so here is a round up of the last few weeks. Unfortunately like the queen I am having mobility issues and have not been walking well or far. That means I am loath to carry the scope so photographs are confined to WOW or nice views. 

The coastal path has added a few expected birds, indeed on one day I managed swallow, reed bunting and wheatear. With an offshore gannet and a couple of swifts over the house the list is up to 57.

WOW has also added gannet and swift as well as swallow, but no passerines as I was struggling to walk and Kinnegar is too rough underfoot. Unless next week!! These shots are a selection from the last three weeks at WOW all taken from the observation room.

Mediterranean gull

ditto

Common tern

Wigeon

Greylag

Shoveler

Moorhen

Black-tailed godwit

Gadwall

I have also managed a few outings to Antrim and Whitehead which added cuckoo, dipper and house martin to the 2022 list.

There was also a couple of days on Rathlin which gave another nine firsts for the year, but I will put up a separate post for that one - I don't want to overload you!!

2022
127: Common tern
128: Wheatear
129: Cuckoo
130: Dipper
131: Swift
132: Gannet
133: House martin

North Down 
52: Grey wagtail
53: Wheatear
54: Swallow
55: Reed bunting
56: Swift
57: Gannet

Belfast RSPB
67: Whimbrel
68: Swallow
69: Swift
70: Gannet










No comments:

Post a Comment