Saturday 5 February 2022

With a little help from my friends

One of the beauties of birding is the number of fellow enthusiasts you run into. Some you meet the odd time, others you bump into regularly especially if there is a rare bird around.  Everyone helps everyone else. If I turn up at a site someone will get me on the bird. If I have seen it I will get new arrivals onto it. Some of them take excellent photographs and their work features on the NI birds site or the pictures site. I have used some in previous blogs when I needed a good photograph of a great skua on  Inishtrahull or a white-tailed eagle on Mull. My digi-scoping kit is limited to what I can do so it is nice to add a few "proper" pictures. So here are contributions from David (rustic bunting) Miller who has been self isolating and photographing winter birds to put in time. 


He also has linnets!!

.....and siskin

.....and the odd greenfinch

 John Mason recently took some shots in and around Strangford Lough. One of the limitations of digi-scoping is the inability to take flight shots. Strangford gives lots of opportunities for this as John shows. Check out his face book page here:  


Thanks to David and John who help to make birding a joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment