- It was cold, grey, damp and a typical Central European winter scene. I think we had a brief glimpse of the sun on one day.
- Daylight was short to begin with and the weather didn't help.
- Frankfurt is a financial capital and is not really a tourist mecca..
- The Christmas market does not open until this week..
- We lost 1 - 6 and were expected to join in a Mexican wave - we refused!
- I picked up a cough and a cold and was generally feeling a bit miserable, well under the weather and not up to walking/birding as much as I would have liked.
- I finally nailed a GSW for 2019.
- I got two other year firsts.
- For 12 glorious minutes we were beating the Germans 1 - 0.
|Beech woodland south of Frankfurt - easily accessible by bus and good range of woodland species including sparrowhawk, jay, treecreper, nuthatch, gsw, mallard and mandarin duck on a small pond.|
|River Main and the CBD|
|River Main looking upstream|
|A year tick|
Finally a few of the WOW residents chilling in the low winter sun.
160: Egyptian goose
161: Mandarin duck
162: Great spotted woodpecker
66: Mistle thrush