Saturday 10 January 2015

A combination of strong cold winds and a throat infection/cough confined me to the garden room today. The walk along the coast will be at a later date. However if I had been out I would have missed another male sparrowhawk fly through, and again it missed everything. This time however it sat high up in a tree behind the garden and gave good views. I also had a house sparrow, rare in these parts recently,and a carrion crow. Attached photos of crow for your judgement on whether I was under the influence of Calpol at the time and seeing things. Apparently I was, it is in fact a juvenile rook.  The blackcap was back as were the linnets. I managed to set up the digiscoping equipment to get some pictures and it wll stay up for the time being.

Linnet



Juvenile rook

No comments:

Post a Comment